My favorite part of summer is getting local produce from the farmer's market. One week, I got a little too much and needed to cook it quickly, so I randomly threw things together and discovered this delicious recipe that's now on repeat in my house!
- 3/4 c brown rice
- 1 1/2 c water
- 1 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 3 carrots, chopped
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped (can sub green beans or yellow squash)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- Add rice and water to a medium sauce pan and bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook for 25-30 minutes, until water is absorbed.
- Heat olive oil in a large, deep skillet over medium heat. Add carrots, stir to coat in oil, cover, and cook for 10-15 minutes, stirring often.
- Add zucchini and saute 3-4 minutes, until zucchini is soft. Add tomatoes and spices, stir to mix, then cover and simmer 10-15 minutes.
- Add rice and mix. Serve warm!