What's more comforting that a loaded baked potato? This one is low FODMAP, plant-based, and absolutely delicious! Enjoy it for a weeknight dinner, or make it a staple side for your summer BBQ!
Makes: 2 potatoes
- 2 medium russet potatoes
- 8 oz plain tempeh
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp low FODMAP bbq sauce*
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 Tbsp lactose-free greek yogurt
- 2 tsp chopped green onion stems
- Preheat oven to 400 F. Wash off your potatoes, wrap in foil, pierce a few times with a knife or fork, then bake 30-45 minutes, until cooked through.
- When potatoes are almost done baking, slice tempeh into 1/4" strips. Heat a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, then add tempeh. Cook 3-4 minutes on each side, until browned and slightly crispy.
- Assemble your potatatoes by cutting each potato in half and mashing the "meat" of the potato to create a base. Add tempeh, bbq sauce, cheese, yogurt, and green onion stems. Serve warm!
There are so many changes you can make to this recipe! If you don’t tolerate soy well, or prefer meat instead, you can use chicken strips instead. For toppings, you could add bell peppers, fresh herbs like parsley or cilantro, and a different sauce you prefer more than bbq.
*I used Fody Foods bbq sauce for this recipe. Get 15% off your first order with code ibs.nutrition15.