Marinara sauce is a base for many of my favorite foods, including pasta and pizza! There are low FODMAP marinara sauces out there, but many are either lacking the flavor you're hoping for, or they're a bit pricey. That's why I developed this delicious recipe for a completely low FODMAP, veggie-packed, flavorful sauce!
- 1 Tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 1/2 cup diced celery (can omit if highly triggered by celery)
- 1/2 cup chopped basil leaves
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 15 oz can diced tomatoes
- 2 Tbsp tomato paste
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp pure maple syrup
- Heat skillet over medium. Add oil, then add carrots and celery. Saute 5-6 minutes, until softened.
- Add all remaining ingredients, and bring to a low boil. Reduce to simmer, cover, and cook for 20-30 minutes, until flavors are blended together.
- Serve immediately, or store in the refrigerator for 5-7 days. Can freeze what you plan to use for later, up to 6 months.